The HO Scale Elmer's Helper - A Kitbashed Station

 Preface

What is an Elmer's Helper? This is a term that I borrowed from Ham Radio as a Ham Radio Operator. An Elmer is a person in the Ham Radio hobby who helps answer questions about the hobby. I figured this would be a great term to borrow.

The Idea

After watching a recent video from the Thunder Mesa Studio on You Tube, I liked how how he kitbashed a station for his Barlow Pass HOn3 layout. David Meek took a Hydrocal kit and added a kitbashed second story addition to the his Barlow Pass station. It was a great idea on taking an ordinary station and made it an unique structure.

The Video


Conclusion 

Always Keep your eye out for new techniques. Even though I'm not a narrow gauge modeler, some of the techniques can advance your model railroad skills. Always keep your eye open for new ideas.

David Meek's Links

Thunder Mesa Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/ThunderMesaStudio

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HO scale Elmer's Helper - Passenger Car Lighting